When I came on to check out some notifications I never expected to find that I would be nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Rachael @ Beach Bookworm! Thank you so much for this, it means the world to me that you love my blog. If you haven’t checked out her blog then you definitely should and her instagram page is gorgeous!
So you’re probably wonder what The Sunshine Blogger Award is.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. Pretty simple and it’s a great way to tell people how much you love their blog.
It works like this…
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are the questions that Rachael has given me…
1. Paperbacks, hardbacks, eBooks or audio books?
Hardbacks all the way! I just love how amazing they look on my shelf and how you never have to break the spine with them so they always look in pristine condition. If I could afford to buy hardbacks all the time, trust me I would.
2. Do you prefer buying your books online or in a store?
If we’re talking about saving money then definitely online. You can find some amazing offers on sites like the Book Depository. I’m pretty much on there all the time checking out which of the books on my long list is having some money knocked off of it.
3. Are you enjoying your current read?
I am currently read Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard (Red Queen #2) and so far it is going well. They are by no means my favourite series, but I’m looking forward to seeing where the story goes.
4. Most anticipated book of 2018?
On instagram I follow both Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings, so I am looking forward to reading Zenith when it comes out at the end of January. I haven’t read many sci-fi books so I am intrigued to check this one out. As for the rest of the year I’m not sure yet. I’ve only recently got back into the reading and blogging game so I have a lot to catch up on.
5. Are you part of a book club?
Unfortunately I am not, but I have always wanted to be. If anyone knows of any that would be great give them a mention in the comments below!
6. Favourite TV show?
Hands down, my favourite show I’ve ever watched is The Vampire Diaries. I feel like so many people will answer with this show, but it was so addictive. I started watching it when I was 14 years old, so I basically grew up with it and loved all the characters. I still can’t speak about the ending of the show, it’s too bittersweet and as I am re-watching it on Netflix at the moment, I am dreading watching season 8.
7. Most books you ever read in a month?
I remember one summer when I was still in school I would read a book within two days, sometimes in one day! So if we’re going by that number it would be close to maybe 14-16. Of course, back then I didn’t have to work to pay the bills and could stay up for hours. I’m lucky if I make it past midnight on a weekend!
8. Most read author?
My answer to this has got to be P. C. Cast. I was first introduced to her through the House Of Night series which I absolutely loved when I was a teenager (however, I stopped reading after book 9, Destined). I couldn’t get enough of it and from there I picked up and read all of the Partholon series and Goddess Summoning series, which are all adult novels and based off of mythology (something I have always loved).
9. First book on your wishlist?
I can’t name one book for this answer because I want to read the rest of the series, so all the books after Throne Of Glass by Sarah J. Mass. I will be buying the next two as soon as I can.
10. Favourite movie?
Again, I have to name a trilogy that I adore and it is the Dark Knight Trilogy. Batman has always been my favourite superhero (although I’m not a fan of Ben Affleck’s Batman that much). Out of all three movies, the best for me is The Dark Knight. Who could forget Heath Ledger’s portrayal of The Joker?
11. What book should everyone read?
This is a very tough question! I have so many books that have stood out for me, but if I had to choose one series it would be The Vampire Academy. Those books blew me away when I read them and will always hold a special place in my heart. I need to re-read them one day soon, maybe next year if I can. They are fun, dark, full of danger and action and a beautiful love story.
Now it’s time for my nominees!
The Orang-utan Librarian
Socially Awkward Bookworm
Kristin Kraves Books
Bridget & Books
Life Of A Literary Nerd
The Sassy Book Geek
In Case Of Bookishness
Bionic Book worm
My Questions to you are…
1. What is your favourite season and why?
2. As it is nearly Christmas time, what is your favourite Christmas song?
3. Do you have a favourite book series and what is it?
4. If you had to eat one thing on a desert island, what would you choose?
5. Who is your favourite female book character?
6. And who is your favourite male book character?
7. Your house is burning down and you can only save ONE book, what do you save?
8. What is the best book you’ve read from this year?
9. Why do you love reading?
10. If you could go to university for free, what would you study?
11. What superhero power would you have?
Thank you again to Rachael for nominating me and to those that I have nominated, I hope you enjoy answering these questions! It is, of course, up to you if you want to take part. You won’t hurt my feelings, I just enjoy reading all of your blogs.