It is crazy to think that me and my little blog are being nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Rachael at Beach Bookworm. Thank you so much for this!
I still can’t believe that I have nearly 300 followers now and there are so many people who care about what I think. Believe me, it is the best feeling when someone says that my review or thoughts on a book have made them check it out. That’s all I ever want to do with this blog, to spread the book love.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
Rachael’s questions for me are…
1. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
I think I kind of answered this question above, but I love how my views on a book can make someone give a book a try for the first time, and sometimes even for a second time. It is great talking with like-minded people and making friends through our love of books.
2. Have you met a fellow blogger face to face?
No, I haven’t but I would love to! It seems that most people live in the US, while I am over here living in the UK, in a place that isn’t London.
3. What is your favourite TV show?
Hmm, this is a tough one. Are we asking about my all time favourite, or my current favourite? My all time favourite TV show is The Vampire Diaries. That show was everything to me and I can’t tell you how much I cried at the finale (spoiler, it was a lot) and it will always hold a special place in my heart. My current favourite though is The 100, because that show is so damn good!
4. What is your biggest fear?
I have a weird fear of ladders/step ladders. I’m okay with heights now because I’ve been on roller coasters and up high buildings, but I refuse to go up ladders. I can’t do it.
5. Do you have any pets?
I personally don’t have any because my landlord won’t allow it, but my mum has a staffie called Willow, who is just the cutest. (There she is, in all her glory and her creepy, glossy eyes)
6. How many books have you read, so far, this year?
I just finished my 25th book last night, which I am pretty happy with. I set myself a goal of 50, so to be halfway when the fifth month of the year isn’t even over yet is pretty good. I was just talking to my dad about it and he was shocked at the amount. The crazy thing is, I know of people online who have read so much more!
7. Tea or coffee?
Coffee, all the way! I feel like I’m the only English person who hates tea. Nasty stuff *pulls a face*.
8. Where is your favourite reading spot?
My bed, just because it’s cosy and relaxing. Although sometimes I get too comfortable and fall asleep, which always ruins my reading time.
9. How happy are you today on a sale of 1 to 10?
I would say that I am a 9, mainly because I am working from home tomorrow and its a long weekend here in the UK thanks to a bank holiday on Monday. And I have my new sofa arriving on Saturday (so many good things).
10. Which era do you wish you could visit?
Ooh, this is hard! There are so many that would be interesting, but I think the 20s would have been a fun time, just to visit. Not so much if I were to live there. I think I would have to be rich in that case and get invited to all the parties.
11. Favourite quote?
I don’t think I have a favourite quote when I think about it. I’ve been sat thinking about it for a good few minutes and still can’t come up with one.
And those are my answers! I am going to nominate the following bloggers:
Beth @ Reading Every Night
Destiny @ Howling Libraries
Chelsea @ A Very Bookish Girl
Sophie @ Sophie’s Corner
Danielle @ Life of a Literary Nerd
Kyera @ Kyera’s Library
Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm
Katie @ Never Not Reading
Ashley @ Socially Awkward Bookworm
Larkin @ Wonderfilled Reads
Misty @ Mistysbookspace
My questions to you are…
1. What is your favourite hobby, besides reading?
2. If you could choose one book series to read for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. Cats or dogs?
4. What is your biggest dream?
5. What book are you most anticipating in the second half of the year?
6. Are you a reader or a writer? Or both?
7. Have you ever not finished a book?
8. Describe your ideal holiday.
9. What genre do you like the least?
10. If you could live on any place on Earth, where would it be?
11. What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books?
You are all great bloggers and I think everyone should check them out! If you choose to take part, I hope you enjoy answering my questions.